On July 7, 1941, the owner-member cooperatives formed the not-for-profit cooperative that became EKPC. World War II delayed plans for the cooperative, but in 1954 EKPC began operating Dale Station. That brought light to the countryside and dramatically improved the lives of rural citizens. The first power lines brought a new freedom and a better way of life to Kentucky families.
Proud Past, Bright Future video